Saturday, March 12, 2011

Baking burnout

I baked and decorated 4 cakes and 48 cupcakes in a span of four days and I am feeling absolutely exhausted.  I love what I do but it does take its toll on me when it's this hectic.   I only took pictures of two of the cakes cause the others weren't anything out of the ordinary.

For a 37th wedding anniversary.  It's mocha chiffon filled with caramel custard and frosted with Swiss Meringue Buttercream.

Close-up gumpaste roses.  I love using embossing sticks to make designs on my topper.

A beyblade-themed 7th birthday cake.  Again, it's mocha chiffon (as requested by the celebrant's dad), filled and frosted with Swiss Meringue buttercream.

My kids don't own any beyblades so I just kinda invented my own.  They're not that great though.
I am earning a fair bit with this homebaking thing but honestly, I am not really after the money.  Every cent actually goes to loved ones back home who need the money more.  I am not saying this to brag or to give credit to myself.  All these cake orders are but blessings for which I am really grateful.  To have an unselfish purpose simply gives more meaning to all the hard work.  At the end of the day, after all the measuring, mixing, baking, washing, and decorating, I rest knowing that I am doing a good thing and this truly gives me great joy in my heart.  What better reward is there?

So...inspite of the burnout....I am more than welcoming new baking opportunities.  Keep them coming!

1 comment:

  1. I have been backreading your blog posts and I have to say you are so selfless. I, for one, have learned a lot from you. Keep it up but take it easy, yeah?

    ReplyDelete