Enjoy this chocolate chip cookie with a twist...it's like pizza!
CHOCOLATE CHUNK PIZZA COOKIE (recipe adapted from Good Housekeeping)
1 cup plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks (I used a combination of dark and white chocolate chips)
1/2 cup cashew nuts or walnuts, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 190 deg C / 375 deg F. Grease or line a baking sheet.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, combine melted butter, sugars, vanilla and egg. Mix in the flour mixture, chocolate chunks and nuts.
4. Place the mixture at the center of the baking sheet. Flatten and spread into an 8-inch circle using a spatula.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until cooke is golden brown along the edges. Cool for 5 minutes then slice.
|Crunchy edges, chewy center!|