Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Losing weight by sewing

I spent some time sewing before I went to bed last night.  I managed to finish the zippered pouch I started the other day (the one with scraps from my wallet).

This pouch is about 5" by 7", smaller than the other one I made.
Although I finished it, I was not completely happy with it, firstly because I wasn't too interested in the fabrics I chose and secondly, because I encountered several problems while making it.  Not that it was hard...I just wasn't as focused as I needed to be.

I used the patchwork stitch to quilt the pouch this time.
That ladybird lining fabric looks familiar, doesn't it?
I like spending hours and hours sewing, you know why?  When I'm sewing, I completely forget about eating or snacking unnecessarily. 

It's that time of the year again when I have to shed off some weight. My kids always say I'm not fat. Well, it's true, I'm not.  When I gain weight though, I don't like the feeling of being heavy or bloated.  Come to think of it, I actually eat healthily (most times anyway).  But the problem is, I've given up on exercising...

I know it's not right but this is just the way it always goes for me.  I get to my goal weight quickly (within a few weeks) then I gradually gain the weight back throughout the year.  I think I gained the most this year because of all the baking I've been doing. Last night, I made some carrot cupcakes for my kids to take to school today and now I have to resist eating one!

Oh well, I'll let you know in a few weeks how it all went for me.  For now, I have to think of things to sew!

2 comments:

  1. what a wonderful pouch...

    so sweet, I love the fabric...

    warmest regards...

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cute. I love the quilting stitch that you used. I recently got a sewing machine that has that on there and I just love it!

    ReplyDelete