Monday, March 9, 2009

Safely Home

I am home in Heaven, dear ones;
Oh, so happy and so bright!
There is perfect joy and beauty
In this everlasting light.

All the pain and grief is over,
Every restless tossing passed;
I am now at peace forever,
Safely home in Heaven at last.

Did you wonder I so calmly
Trod the valley of the shade?
Oh! but Jesus' arm to lean on,
Could I have one doubt or dread?

Then you must not grieve so sorely,
For I love you dearly still;
Try to look beyond earth's shadows,
Pray to trust our Father's Will.

There is work still waiting for you,
So you must not idly stand;
Do it now, while life remaineth--
You shall rest in Jesus' land.

When that work is all completed,
He will gently call you Home;
Oh, the rapture of that meeting,
Oh, the joy to see you come!

- Safely Home (author unknown)

One of my brothers put music into this beautiful poem, then he sung the song during my mother's wake. I wept when I heard it because in my heart and mind, I clearly pictured my mom saying these words to me. I believe, without a doubt, that she is happy, not only because she has now found her true home but also because she knows that I DO UNDERSTAND why she had to leave.

A few hours before she passed away, my mom already couldn't move or see and probably could even hardly hear. But now, she is completely free and she sees and hears me with the eyes and ears of God. What greater consolation is there? As I write this, my tears flow uncontrollably, only because I miss her dearly.

Thank you so much to those of you who prayed and shared kind words of comfort. I've never met anyone of you personally so all the more I feel so much appreciation. God's choicest blessings to you all.


My mom as a young woman

My mom as she celebrated with my dad their 60th wedding anniversary last December 28, 2008

I love you, mom.

6 comments:

  1. i am weeping reading these beautiful words, and smiling at the same time as i picture your mother laughing and joyful at her new freedom.
    oh dear, I so envy your faith. Hold it close and dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Corinne - your mother was beautiful in her youth and oh that I should look so good on my 60th wedding anniversary !!!!!!

    Catherine G (Sydney)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mother was a stunning lady, and those words your brother sung reflect that.

    I've been thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are tears in my eyes right now as i read this.... I am sure she is happy now with God, and is watching over you all.. Dont be sad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mother was a beautiful woman. I hope I look half as good at that age. Do not be sad, we know she is in a much better place..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Recently my mother-in-law passed away and is painful and I only know her for 30 years and when I see her childrens eating and crying,remember every memories of her life is so sad and a lot of pain.I'm sorry for your loss and you have to be strong for your family and for yourself because, you have people who depends on you and,now they need you as you needed your mom one day. Iam sorry for my english.

    ReplyDelete