Friday, May 30, 2008

Adding Some Colour into My Life

I am a stay-at-home mum and when I say that, I really do mean, I stay at home...a lot. But in all honesty, I actually love being home alone. Not that I am a loner of some sort. I simply enjoy the precious 'quiet time' when my four kids are in school. I am sure all the other homemakers out there feel the same. And contrary to what others may believe, a mum is pretty preoccupied around the house. The chores can be endless.

But being at home and alone most of the time has probably made my life less 'colourful' than it could potentially be. I practically do the same stuff every single day. Yeah, it's quite a humdrum existence...so plain just like black and white.
I've sought to learn new skills and hobbies (like sewing and blogging) in order to break the monotony of my life. And to a great degree, my days have been much less boring.

Adding some colour into my life...I mean that both figuratively and literally.

Here are some rainbow cupcakes I had just baked. These just made my day...


I found the great recipe here. The colours should have been one on top of the other but I forgot to flatten each layer before adding the next. Oh well, I will do that next time (I have a strong feeling that 'next time' will be very soon). The taste is very much like that of butter cake. To enjoy its absolute softness, I recommend that you eat it as soon as it cools down (that won't take long). I did change the recipe a bit - I used sponge cake self-raising flour instead of plain flour. I suppose this change had something to do with the wonderful softness of the cake. I can't wait for my kids to come home from school...they will love these.


No comments:

Post a Comment