Thursday, April 10, 2008

Lo and Behold...My Best Work (So Far)

I know. This blog is slowly turning into a sewing/food kinda blog. I didn't mean to but I just can't help it. These are the two things I am passionate about at the moment, especially the bag-making.

I finished this bag two nights ago and yesterday, I proudly took it out with me (trying to fish for compliments). I also made a post about it (again) in Craftster. I am happy to say it's getting rave reviews from the bag fanatics...

Front view


Straps fully extended


Back and side view


Yoyo button close-up


The inside with my stuff


Bought the eBook for this from Sweet Pea Totes (http://sweetpeatotes.blogspot.com). It's worth the expense as I can see countless possibilities with this bag. Next time I sew one, I can put a flap or use a button/loop closure or do patchwork, etc, etc.

And to think, just a few months ago, my sewing machine was gathering dust in our garage. And now, it's my most prized possession. I have to thank my mum in-law for this.


No comments:

Post a Comment